List:       berlin-design
Subject:    Re: mesa and ggi! (fwd)
From:       Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco () sonic ! net>
Date:       1999-04-23 4:53:07

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 04:38:46AM +0000, Michael Van der Gulik wrote:

> Aaron: here's more feedback.
>
> > dpkg --list | grep ggi | grep ii
> ii  libggi-doc      990212-1       General Graphics Interface library
> ii  libggi-samples  990413-1       General Graphics Interface sample
> ii  libggi-target-a 990413-1       General Graphics Interface ASCII Art
> ii  libggi-target-f 990212-1       General Graphics Interface direct
> ii  libggi-target-s 990413-1       General Graphics Interface SVGAlib
> ii  libggi-target-x 990329-1       General Graphics Interface X display
> ii  libggi2         990413-1       General Graphics Interface runtime
> ii  libggi2-dev     990413-1       General Graphics Interface development
> ii  mesag3+ggi      3.0-3          Mesa 3.0 with GGI targets built in
>
> I've upgraded ggi to 990413-1 a few weeks ago. Aaron, if you upgrade to
> this ggi library, you *should* get the same message, unless my mesa is
> old.

Beware, you are mixing displaylib versions. displaylibs must be the same
version as libggi2; its dependencies don't enforce this. It's mostly dpkg's
shortcoming, as it can't handle cyclic dependencies. Sorry, but 'apt-get
install libggi2' will break your ggi subsystem.

In the meantime I'll test it. Binary compatibility *should* be maintained,
but it's not quite guaranteed yet; this happens to betas sometimes.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson