List:       beowulf
Subject:    RAID root partition
From:       David Murn scuffer () hups ! apana ! org ! au
Date:       1999-10-21 14:20:10

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Jon Thomas wrote:

> I must ask, however, what is 'on' topic in the Beowulf list?  By posting
> a configuration question here and receiving an answer, one gains insight
> into potential problems experienced by people working within the Beowulf
> domain.

I would've figured this is a very on-topic subject for the beowulf list.
I'm sure many people with beowulf systems have raid'd disks, simply to cut
the cost down over having fewer larger disks.  Apart from anything else,
parallel disks and parallel processors have similar interest groups, don't
they?

Davey