List:       beowulf
Subject:    Re: [Beowulf] Recommended paper for parallel sorting?
From:       "Nelson Castillo" <nelsoneci () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-04 13:52:43

On Dec 4, 2007 8:46 AM, Larry Stewart <larry.stewart@sicortex.com> wrote:
(cut)
> I was looking into this a few months ago.  Here are some good papers I
> found:
>
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/393851.html  -- Communications Conscious
> Radix Sort
>
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/569483.html  -- Parallel Algorithms for
> Personalized Communication and Sorting With an Experinmental Study
>
> Martin Schmollinger: Improving Communication Sensitive Parallel Radix
> Sort for Unbalanced Data. Euro-Par 2003
> <http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/%7Eley/db/conf/europar/europar2003.html#Schmollinger03>:
>  885-893
>
> Schmollinger's PhD dissertation has a good chapter on this as well.
>
> --
> -Larry / Sector IX

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I am very curious about Parallel
Radix Sort. I've
read and watched the 5th lecture of this course, and I wanted to know more about
parallel implementations. I've found many papers in the subject, but
in this case
I preferred to ask for the relevant ones since it is easy to get lost
with papers that
are not that good.

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/6-046JFall-2005/LectureNotes/index.htm

Regards.