List:       beowulf
Subject:    [Beowulf] file IO benchmark
From:       Toon Knapen <toon.knapen () fft ! be>
Date:       2005-11-24 8:43:14

Hi all,

Because the performance of our (parallel) applications is dependent on
the disk IO bandwidth, we would like to advise our customers to run a
'well known' benchmark to evaluate their disk performance (before
questioning the peformance of our soft;-).

Now my question is: what is the 'de facto' standard of disk benchmarks
that can be run on a variety of platforms?

Thanks in advance,
toon

--
Toon Knapen