List:       beowulf
Subject:    Re: gentoo cluster
From:       Eray Ozkural <exa () kablonet ! com ! tr>
Date:       2003-07-11 9:17:58

On Thursday 10 July 2003 06:14, P. Aaron Lott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our group is interested in building a beowulf cluster using gentoo
> linux as the OS. Has anyone on the list had experience with this or
> know anyone who has experience with this? We're trying to figure out
> the best way to spawn nodes once we have configured one machine
> properly. Any suggestions such as pseudo kickstart methods would be
> greatly appreciated.

I investigated this a while ago. It turns out that gentoo isn't really geared
towards cluster use, but once you've customized it it can be pretty easy to
use a system replication tool.

I guess gentoo could benefit from a standardized HPC clustering solution,
including parallel system libraries and tools.

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org