List:       beowulf
Subject:    [OT] Re:GRAPE
From:       Iwao Makino <iwao () rickey-net ! com>
Date:       2003-06-22 3:55:47

For those of whom interested for Grape(s) ...

There's another GRAPE(not MDGRAPE)

<http://grape.astron.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/grape/>
This is for Astronomical simulation ONLY but...
Is faster than earth simulator of NEC.

Below site talk about both
<http://www.indiana.edu/~rats/research/grapes/grapes.shtml>

At 17:19 -0700 on 03.6.20, John Bushnell wrote regarding Re: [OT]
Maximum performance on single processor ?:
> Looking at some of the info on the Riken site who evidently makes
> these GRAPE cards, this sound like a good bet if pairwise energy
> calculations are really where most of the speedup is needed.  They
> give a peak performance for the 4-cpu GRAPE-2 as 64GFLOPS (ouch).
> Very interesting.  I've never heard of these cards.  I wonder what
> the approx. cost is?

I see MDGRAPE-2 costs shown about $17,000
#Not sure they include booster card or not.