List:       beowulf
Subject:    Alpha Flavors of Linux
From:       Bryce Bockman <bockmabe () plu ! edu>
Date:       2002-10-25 0:16:36

Hi All,

    This might be a bit off topic here, but I was wondering what peoples
experiences have been with the Alpha Linux Distros.  We've got some
Dec/Compaq/HP Alpha 2100 systems here that we would like to play with
and were wondering which way to go if we go the linux route?  Suse?
Redhat?  Debian?  Gentoo :-)?  How hard were installs.  Did you have any
problems with particular types of hardware?

Thanks,
Bryce Bockman

Network Systems
Computing and Telecom