List:       bcel-user
Subject:    Determining Local Variable Context
From:         <rvm () thingfind ! com>
Date:       2004-08-05 18:59:46

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to determine the context of a local variable.  I'm using inner classes, \
and these inner classes are instantiated off of an instance of the outer class.  The \
example below provides some info.  Basically, I want to know if BCEL can distinguish \
between innerA and innerB.  It cannot use the class names or any other seemingly \
obvious entries.  I have lengthy reasons for this.  Instead, is there any way to \
determine which instance object (a or b) is used to instantiate innerA or innerB?  If \
this is feasible in any means possible in BCEL, I will be interested.  I'm not sure \
if this is too much detail for BCEL.  Any help will be appreciated.

public class A {

    public class Inner {...}

}

public class B extends A {

    public class Inner extends A.Inner {...}

            A a = new A();
            A.Inner innerA = a.new Inner();   //want to record that "a" was used

            B b = new B();
            B.Inner innerB = b.new Inner();   //want to record that "b" was used
        }

}