List:       bcel-user
Subject:    Re: Incompatible argument -> Method signature
From:       Berin Loritsch <bloritsch () apache ! org>
Date:       2003-04-29 14:29:01

Bjoern Wuest wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks for the hint. I already tried this but as the
> java.lang.reflect.Proxy class, it supports interfaces only (at least
> this is what it says). Unfortunately, I have to wrap (proxy) classes.
> I downloaded to code to study but got very confused because of the many
> method invocations. I prefer to have few but efficient calls, but others
> like to have more structure :)
> I hope I am not wrong but this is what I found in the docu and in the
> pieces of source code. If you have some hint or tweak how to run with
> classes, I would appreciate very much.

Bjoern, I put some results of my experiences with BCEL on the Wiki.
Perhaps they can be of some help to you:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?BCELUserFAQ

I ran into many of the same issues when I wrote the BCEL Compiler for
my binary XML project (http://d-haven.org/bxml).  One thing that
helped me was hand writing the code the way I thought it should be,
and then using the BCELifier (should be available in BCEL 5.1) to
see how to write it useing BCEL.

The Verifier that comes with BCEL is another invaluable tool to help
find out what is going on.  Use that in conjunction with the javap
tool (comes with the JDK), and you will be able to solve most problems.