List:       bcel-dev
Subject:    InstructionList move to end bug (was RE: cvs commit: jakarta-bcel/src/java/org/apache/bcel/generic R
From:       "Ed Price" <edp () panix ! com>
Date:       2004-02-23 4:36:14

> Maybe the the fixes contained in bugs 26532 and 26533 could also be
> committed?  They are extremely trivial fixes for fairly seroius bugs in
> core BCEL classes (InstructionList and IINC), so I would think they
> should get some attention.

Hi, I looked at 26532, and I agree it is a bug.

I submitted a test case and a corrected patch to bugzilla.

Andrew, your suggested fix was not correct.  It set "this.end" to null,
because -- assuming I read it right! -- it was in the else block of an
if on "next != null" which means setting "this.end = next" would set it
to null...  You can verify this with the test case :)

HTH!
-Ed