List:       batik-users
Subject:    1-bit image is gray
From:       Keith Morneau <kmmorneau () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-10 16:58:06

I'm working through a proof of concept=2C and we are thinking of using Bati=
k as a means to work with SVG.  One of the problems we're having is that wh=
en we transcode to PNG=2C the image is always gray.  Our goal is a 1-bit im=
age which is black and white.  Instead=2C the image is white and some form =
of gray.
Specifically we call for a new PNGTranscoder()=2C set the index hint=2C bac=
kground hint=2C and ask it to transcode.  The svg is nothing but text segme=
nts and tspans.  We have even tried specifying black text to no avail.  Not=
e that this is all using 1.7.
Any suggestions on a possible means to set=2C hint=2C or force the colors i=
n the palette to 0 and 255 (-1)? 		 	   		  =