List:       batik-users
Subject:    Re: Textselection always copied to clipboard?
From:       Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese () Kodak ! com>
Date:       2004-12-26 17:19:56

Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:

> Björn Stenersen/sinw schrieb am 15.12.2004 15:56:54:
>
>  > Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> schrieb am 15.12.2004 13:05:30:
>  >
>  > > Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:
>  > >
>  > > > i am trying to implement 'copy&paste' in my application. First i
> thought
>  > > > everything works great, when i pressed ctrl-c the selected text was
>  > > > copied to the clibboard. Then i realized i do not have press
>  > > > ctrl-c, the text always gets copied to clipboard when a selection
>  > > > is made

> You can look at ConcreteTextSelector, line 272, getSelection() always
> returns null:-(

    Not in my copy of Batik. I did some cleanup of selection to support
the SVG DOM text selection methods, so perhaps this was done after
1.5.1 (getting to be time for a new release huh?).  Perhaps if I can
track down the large memory leak George was talking about... ;)

>  > I already had this idea, but won´t work cause copyToClipboard() is
>  > private, same
>  > problem I had with other functions in ConcreteTextSelector.

    Well you have access to the source, so you can 'fix' anything you
want.  I'll probably change this and any other private methods to be
protected.

> I still have the same problem, everything I tried did not work. Does
> anyone have another idea?
> Anyway, i think this problem will bother more people than me, what do
> you think about adding a function like
>
> public void setTextSelectionManager(TextSelectionManagerAdapter a);
>
> to JGVTComponent in a future release?

     Sure, I'd be happy to. Anyone want to write the patch and submit
it?   You might want to open a bugzilla bug on this.