List:       batik-users
Subject:    Re: Embed a Swing Component in an JSVGCanvas
From:       Thomas E Deweese <thomas.deweese () kodak ! com>
Date:       2002-01-10 22:49:41

WT> [...] I have read about the SVG foreignObject element and I am
WT> wondering if it is proper to integrate that with the proposed
WT> embedded Swing tag. [...]

WT> Is this the correct approach to solving this sort of problem?

    It looked pretty good to me but I'll let Thierry answer that one.

WT> If so, how do I proceed to tell Batik about the extension with the
WT> URI http://mydomain.com/SVGExtenstions/BatikSwing ?

Read:
   http://xml.apache.org/batik/extendingBatik.html
   xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/extension/svg/BatikBridgeExtension.java.

    When you add your tag to the bridge (see BridgeExtension).  by
implementing the BridgeExtension interface one of the methods is
'getImplementedExtensions'.  The returned iterator should have your
extension URI in it.

    Good luck.