List:       batik-dev
Subject:    HTML CSS engine with batik?
From:       thomas.hausberger () arz ! at
Date:       2008-09-08 8:07:48

--=_alternative 002CA8D9C12574BE_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Batik and have some questions that I hope someone is able to
answer.

Batik was formerly know as a sophisticated CSS parser, but the homepage
doesn't say anything about parsing CSS anymore. I would like to use Batik
as a HTML CSS engine. Bute the css-packages included in the Batik release
are only for SVG. So I want to write my own engine based on the absract
CSSEngine-class. But the CSS packages seem to be undocumented (at least I
wasn't able to find any reference on the homepage).
So what would be the steps to write my own engine? What classes would I
have to implement? And is there any documentation about the CSS packages?

I already found something in this mailinglist
(h
ttp://markmail.org/message/oamdww2z4x2kqlhg#query:batik%20css%20engine%20-api%20-javadoc+page:1+mid:bn5osrzuvyshjzsj+state:results
 ),
but that topic is from 2002, so I'm not sure if the answers still apply.

Thank you,
Thomas Hausberger

ARZ Innsbruck
----------------
Disclaimer:
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des angesprochenen Adressaten bestimmt.

This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely for
the use of the addressee.
----------------
--=_alternative 002CA8D9C12574BE_Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"

I am new to Batik and have some questions that I hope someone is able to
answer.</font></tt>
but the homepage doesn't say anything about parsing CSS anymore. I would
like to use Batik as a HTML CSS engine. Bute the css-packages included
in the Batik release are only for SVG. So I want to write my own engine
based on the absract CSSEngine-class. But the CSS packages seem to be undocumented
(at least I wasn't able to find any reference on the homepage).</font></tt>
What classes would I have to implement? And is there any documentation
about the CSS packages?</font></tt>
size=3>), </font></tt>
answers still apply.</font></tt>
Disclaimer:<br>
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des angesprochenen Adressaten bestimmt.<br>
This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely
for the use of the addressee.<br>