List:       batik-dev
Subject:    Re: Implementing 'background-fill'
From:       Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese () Kodak ! com>
Date:       2005-09-27 0:04:16

Cameron McCormack wrote:

> I only assumed that the overflow="visible" would apply because that
> would make the (probably most common) use case of having a non-white
> background colour for the root svg element easy to do without a finite
> big rect.

    The root SVG element is a bit different since the viewport for that
is defined by the User Agent (and the X,Y are ignored and width & height
are just 'hints' to the UA).  So if it fills the viewport then it will
fill the 'window', even if pAR and viewBox would leave some of the
viewport area unfilled.