List:       batik-dev
Subject:    [Documentation Contribution] Batik1.5beta2 ...first half  ;-)
From:       "Robert DiBlasi" <r_diblasi () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-05-20 14:56:21

Hello Batik Team,

  I have been writing Vincent Hardy offline about contributing documentation
for the Website. So far I have updated the xml-batik/xdocs files for:

1)overview
3)License
4)Download ---I can not change it....but "source distribution" would be
better called "developer distribution" to go with the website
documentation...or the website can be change to match download name...your
choice....(I prefer "developer distribution" because the distibution has
much more then.....source code ;-)

4)install
5)Demo ---demo is broken....I think you know this
6)in the news
7)Tools and Apps
8)Browser
9)Rasterizer
10)Font Converter
11)Pretty-printer

I will work on the second half after hearing your comments....I can tell you
right know that some code is wrong in sections that I have not updated yet (
missing dots or missing curlies ).......this needs to be fixed...or new
Batiker will become frustrated :-(

I have also updated the splash.png (xml-batik/images/splash.png)
(I think you might find this a nice way to let the Batikers know what
version they are playing with :-)

I think the SVG Browser could uses this picture too :-)

As Vincent has requested I have put them at my site at
http://www.svgnotebook.com/batik/xdocs.zip

It would be nice to update both the website and developers and binary
distributions with this information.

We all learn by  sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi
http://www.svgnotebook.com