List:       basslist
Subject:    Re: Resistive damping of DVC drivers with a pot across one coil
From:       "Ron E" <rennenga () uswest ! net>
Date:       2000-11-30 0:02:34

Using the outside ones would give you a big, non-variable resistor.

You could use the middle and one of the outside ones, but I think it is
better to solder the middle one to one of the outside ones so that there are
only two terminals.

A pot looks like

 +------1

 /
 \
 /<-----2  Terminal 2 is the wiper
 \
 /
 \

 +------3

Which terminal to solder to the wiper depends on the taper and whether you
want the resistance to increase or decrease when turning the pot clockwise.

I have an Excel 97 spreadsheet which can predict the resulting Q of a
resistively damped DVC speaker if you (or anyone else) want it.

Regards,
Ron