List:       basslist
Subject:    Re: EV Horn
From:       Richard Weigel <gimoer () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-11-29 15:31:06

Actuually it turns out that the terminals are making a bad connection and need \
resoldering.Now I know why I got it for less than $10 the person who sold thought it \
was dead VC.Thanks for the help.

R.Weigel

  "Curtis H. List" <clist@pop.voyager.net> wrote:
At 05:24 PM 11/28/00 -0800, you wrote:
> I came across an EV Mid-horn model 1823M in my travels and it seems
> D.O.A..My question though is fairly general.If it is dead what could go
> wrong that could not be detected visually aside from the solder on the
> diaphram itself?I inspected the coil and diaphram and can not find anything
> wrong. Richard Weigel

The magnet could shift and pinch it.
Check with VOM meter to see if you have for resistance.

Too-Tall
Curtis H. List
I.A.T.S.E. Local # 274 (Gold Card)
Lansing, Mich.
http://www.msu.edu/user/westone/ia274.htm

Independent Live Sound Engineer (and I'm Tall Too!)