List:       barracuda
Subject:    Barracuda: Newbie (to Barracuda) question
From:       Barracuda () enhydra ! org (Christian Cryder)
Date:       2001-01-12 16:01:57

Hi Christian,

Couple of things to check:

1. What version of Enhydra are you using? The BarracudaDiscRack example is
compiled against Enhydra 3.1 / XMLC 2.0.

2. IDB requires the idb.jar plus a couple of extra jar files
(jdbc2_0-stdext.jar, jta-spec1_0_1.jar) be included in the _system_
classpath.

3. Did you remember to change the location of your IDB database in
<root>/WEB-INF/classes/discRack.conf?

4. Can you get to http://<path>/BarracudaDiscRack/docs alright?

5. Try turning debugging on in the ApplicationGateway and the DiscRacGateway
classes...this will give you a lot of additional info in the Enhydra console
(right now to turn on debugging you probably need to recompile the classes,
since the servlet gets loaded at startup...I plan on making it so you can
pass in runtime parameters to set the debugging levels)

Let me know what you find as a result of these steps...

Christian

Christian Cryder
Application Architect, Barracuda
Lutris Technologies, Inc.