List:       barracuda
Subject:    RE: [Barracuda] Removing a node??
From:       Jacob Kjome <hoju () visi ! com>
Date:       2003-07-08 6:17:50

Hi Kirk,

I guess you should look at what the Xerces implementation does in the
removeChild() method.  Also, I wonder if you are confusing returning null
to BTemplate with working directly on the DOM?  BTemplate does all the DOM
stuff for you, so you shouldn't equate BTemplate style programming with
direct DOM programming.  The more java-centric DOM frameworks such as
Dom4j, JDOM, and XOM might actually allow for just setting a node to null,
but you'd have to verify that for yourself.  Dom4j is a candidate for an
alternate DOM implementation in XMLC-3.0, BTW.

Jake