List:       barracuda
Subject:    [Barracuda] CVS Update note
From:       "Christian Cryder" <christianc () granitepeaks ! com>
Date:       2003-04-14 17:29:13

Hey folks, just a quick note to let you know that I've checked in a fairly
significant change  that will affect BSelect and BInput. It should be
compatible with existing code, but it may make your life easier if you want
to associate actions with BSelects and BInputs or
BToggleButtons...specifically, now you can associate a BAction with a
BSelect, etc, whereas before you had to call addEventListener...

Christian
------------------------
<b>csc_041403.2</b> - Pretty significant set of changes. Updated BSelect to
remove the setDisableBackButton and getDisableBackButton methods (these
weren't
used anywhere). Modified BSelect to act like BInput in terms of the
addEventListener
method (you can now specify a disabled prop there). Added new
setAction()/getAction()
methods to both of these classes, which effectively mirror the functionality
of
the addEventListener methods, except you provide the event to be fired,
rather than
the handler to receive it. In retrospect, I think this is the way we should
have done
it in the first place, and I'd like to actually remove the addListener
functionality
from both BSelect and BInput in the fairly near future. I also modified
AbstractBComponent
so that when you add a stepchild, it will automatically inherit the parents
views if
it doesn't have any; also modified the add tempView method so that it will
add temp
views to step children if they exist. This makes it MUCH easier to pass back
nested
components from a template model (where the view may not yet be assigned) -
for instance,
you can now actually do something like this:
<pre>
    BSelect bselect = new BSelect(dlm);
    BAction baction = new BAction(new DoSwitchCompany());
    bselect.addStepChild(baction);
    return bselect;
</pre>
and it will actually work - both components will be bound to the same view
when it
is actually created by TemplateHelper. Very nice...

Christian Cryder [christianc@atmreports.com]
Internet Architect, ATMReports.com
Barracuda - http://barracudamvc.org