List:       bacula-users
Subject:    [Bacula-users] Baculum release 11.0.5.7
From:       Marcin Haba <ganiuszka () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-11-17 5:04:45

Hello Everybody,

We are pleased to announce a new Baculum version 11.0.5.7. This is a
minor new feature and bug fix release. The main new function is
capability to restrict Bacula resources for basic users. There has
also been added documentation for Bacula directives and we did many
visual improvements in the Baculum Web interface. Finally, we updated
Portuguese, Russian, and Polish translations.

New changes and fixes:

Baculum Web:
 - Add capability to assign dedicated bconsole config file to API basic users
 - Add interface to manage API basic users from Web component side
 - Add documentation for directives
 - Reduce free spaces between interface elements - idea proposed by
Sergey Zhidkov
 - Add option to enable/disable messages log window - idea proposed by
Bill Arlofski
 - Add time range filters to job history page - idea proposed by Heitor Faria
 - Add copy resource function to enable creating new resources based on others
 - Visual improvements in interface
 - Update Russian translations
 - Update Portuguese translations
 - Update Polish translations
 - Unify buttons view
 - Add password generator to password fields
 - Improve wizards view and responsivity
 - Add capability to close modal windows on clicking gray shadow
 - Fix #2646 apply new user permissions immediately instead of after
logging out and logging in
 - Fix #2647 PHP warning about headers already sent on storage view page
 - Unset default API host setting if default API host is no longer
assigned to user

Baculum API:
 - Add API endpoints for API basic user management

Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
2646, 2647

Sources:
 https://www.bacula.org/downloads/baculum/releases/11.0.5.7/baculum-11.0.5.7.tar.gz
 https://www.bacula.org/downloads/baculum/releases/11.0.5.7/baculum-11.0.5.7.tar.gz.sig

Binary packages 11.0.5.7 for popular distributions are available in
the Baculum package repositories on bacula.org.

Video with selected new 11.0.5.7 features:

 - Restricted user access using Console ACLs and API basic auth:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6RbUmmD3As

 - New configuration functions in version 11.0.5.7:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snI5T9Z374A

If you would like to try Baculum before installing, please visit the
Baculum demo page: https://baculum.app

Thank you to everybody involved in preparing this release.

On behalf of the Baculum Team,
Marcin Haba (gani)

--
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus