List:       bacula-users
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-users] max storage jobs
From:       Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown () byu ! edu>
Date:       2019-05-31 17:38:55

On 5/31/19 10:46 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:

> The "waiting on max Storage jobs" is caused by the Maximum Concurrent Jobs in
> the Storage section of bacula-dir.conf.
>
> It would be useful to see the output of "show storage" while jobs are waiting.
>
> __Martin

Martin,

I'm not entirely certain that this is a good test case, but I tried to
re-create the symptoms, and captured the output of both "status dir" and
"status storage", along with some config extracts, all of which are
attached here.  I was only able to get one job ("fslhome_c9") to be in
the "waiting on max Storage jobs" state, and it resolved a few minutes
later.  Thus why I'm not sure it is the best test case.  But it did have
that same error, and there were only 9-10 jobs running on that FD and SD
at the time, AFAICT.

Note that the large number of devices on the SD, was a misguided idea
from several years ago, that didn't quite do what I wanted.  But it also
didn't seem to break anything, so I haven't gotten around to cleaning it
up.  We were all young and naive once, right? ;-)

If this doesn't provide the insight you were looking for, I will try to
re-create it again, and capture the same info for you.

Lloyd

--

Lloyd Brown
HPC Systems Administrator

["bacula_waiting_for_storage_issue.tar.gz" (application/gzip)]