List:       bacula-users
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-users] Change ClientRunBeforeJob script based on scheduler
From:       Heitor Faria <heitor () bacula ! com ! br>
Date:       2017-05-28 0:15:41

Hello, Dan,

> This type of approach will give you much more flexibility than modifying the
> Bacula code.

I really understand and respect your point of view, and I think the two ways of \
invoking the per level job scripts could exist, providing even more flexibility!

> > ClientRunBeforeJob = "\"C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\scripts\\test\\bck-sql.bat\"
> > %l"

This "inception" of escaping characters is not exactly the easiest thing for \
Microsoft SysAdmins to understand, the same thing for shell scripting.  My proposal \
is more automated, error proof and less time-consuming. We know backup scripts might \
get complex, and manual labor is more expensive every day.

> --
> Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
> dan@langille.org

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria | Bacula do Brasil
• Não seja tarifado pelo tamanho dos seus backups, conheça o Bacula Enterprise: \
http://www.bacula.com.br/enterprise/  • Ministro treinamento e implementação \
in-company do Bacula Community: http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/  (61) 98268-4220 \
| www.bacula.com.br  \
Indicamos também as capacitações complementares:  • Shell básico e \
Programação em Shell com Julio Neves.  • Zabbix com Adail Host.