List:       bacula-users
Subject:    [Bacula-users] Fwd:  Copy Job recycling volumes too quickly
From:       John Drescher <drescherjm () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-26 12:40:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Job recycling volumes too quickly
To: Gary Cowell <gary.cowell@gmail.com>

I have a copy job which copies my full backups to a USB drive using
> vchanger once a week.
>
> Recently, the backups have been exceeding the 1TB size of a single USB
> drive, which would be fine, I'll just use more than one drive.
>
> What isn't fine is that bacula is recycling its volumes too quickly.
> What I expect to happen is that it will fill up the USB drive, (run
> out of volumes) then wait for another USB drive to be attached,
> instead of recycling/purging the volumes it just wrote. Here's a  log
> snippet:

Did you change the retention period after you created volumes? If so did
you use the bconsole commands to apply the new pool settings to the
existing volumes?

John

--
John M. Drescher

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Date: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM<br>Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Job recycling \
volumes too quickly<br>To: Gary Cowell &lt;<a \
class="im"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px \
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> I have a copy job which copies my full backups to a USB \
drive using<br> vchanger once a week.<br>
Recently, the backups have been exceeding the 1TB size of a single USB<br>
drive, which would be fine, I&#39;ll just use more than one drive.<br>
What isn&#39;t fine is that bacula is recycling its volumes too quickly.<br>
What I expect to happen is that it will fill up the USB drive, (run<br>
out of volumes) then wait for another USB drive to be attached,<br>
instead of recycling/purging the volumes it just wrote. Here&#39;s a  log<br>
after you created volumes? If so did you use the bconsole commands to apply the new \
M. Drescher </div>