List:       bacula-users
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-users] volume Labeling with Autochanger
From:       Steve Ellis <ellis () brouhaha ! com>
Date:       2013-09-20 21:35:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'm not an expert, but my guess would be that no, this won't affect which
drive will be used for backup--except to the extent that the tape in
question is left in that drive until the backup runs--my understanding is
that a mounted (& suitable) tape, in whichever drive, is preferred when
running a backup.

I assume that your library has more than one drive (or it wouldn't
prompt)--in general, you can receive more helpful responses if you let us
see at least part of your config (in this case especially the sd config).
 You can always anonymize the passwords & such.

-se

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Deepak <deepak@palincorporates.com> wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> While labeling a new volume My system is asking me to enter auto
> changer drive.
>
> See Below command output:
>
> *label barcodes slot=1 pool=pool1
> Automatically selected Catalog: catalog1
> Using Catalog "catalog1"
> The defined Storage resources are:
>       1: File
>       2: Autochanger
> Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
> Enter autochanger drive[0]:
>

> Please tell me, Is this "Enter autochanger drive[0]:" option in anyhow
> is related to backup/restore job(will this selection plays any role in
> selecting drive used while job execution?).
>

> Thanks in advance...!

> LIMITED TIME SALE - Full Year of Microsoft Training For Just $49.99!
> 1,500+ hours of tutorials including VisualStudio 2012, Windows 8,
> SharePoint
> 2013, SQL 2012, MVC 4, more. BEST VALUE: New Multi-Library Power Pack
> includes
> Mobile, Cloud, Java, and UX Design. Lowest price ever! Ends 9/20/13.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

deserve neither liberty nor safety.

                               --Benjamin Franklin, 1759