List:       bacula-users
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-users] Tapes to archive
From:       Jesper Krogh <jesper () krogh ! cc>
Date:       2008-03-29 9:04:54

Jesper Krogh wrote:
>> Arno Lehmann wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> As long as it's a different job - in my example, on-site vs. archive -
>>> it won't be based on the archive job.

>>> Well, that makes this a bit inconvenient, and...

>>> (That's the reason to set up two distinct jobs.)
>> Ah, now I read the documentation correctly..  it is the "jobname" it
>> matches on that I need to make different. Thanks alot, that solve my
>> main problem..
>
> Can I somehow somehow query the database to confirm this behaviour?
>
>   14101  Incr        208    48.91 M  OK       27-Mar-08 22:48 Lambda_Daily
>   14113  Full    404,157    7.333 G  OK       28-Mar-08 18:23 Lambda_Archive
>   14122  Incr        221    71.04 M  OK       28-Mar-08 22:54 Lambda_Daily
>

> I'd like to confirm that the jobid = 14122 has used 14101 as base for
> the incremental and not 14113 ?

Ok. investigating the catalog I have this file on the Incremental Tape
(Which job 14101 and 14122 spools to)
-rw-r-----     syslog        adm         7755 Fri Mar 28 08:05:11 2008
lambda-fd:/var/log/mail.log

And if 14113 had been used as a base.. I should have any files on the
incremental tape with dates in the period from Mar 27 22:48 -> Mar 28
11:23..

So everything is fine.. I works as advertised (as usually).

Jesper
(I just like to check, double check and triple check, especially when it
comes to backup)
--
Jesper Krogh