List:       bacula-users
Subject:    [Bacula-users] dbcheck seems to never complete Bacula 2.2.5/MySQL
From:       Ryan Novosielski <novosirj () umdnj ! edu>
Date:       2008-02-29 21:38:01

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Here are my indexes, not that I
really understand how they work (sorry about the awful paste, but it's
hard to get this to show up right otherwise:

mysql> show indexes from Job;
+-------+------------+-------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
 | Table | Non_unique | Key_name          | Seq_in_index | Column_name |
Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
+-------+------------+-------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
 | Job   |          0 | PRIMARY           |            1 | JobId       |
A         |         169 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> Job   |          1 | Name              |            1 | Name        |
A         |          14 |      128 | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> Job   |          1 | Job_FilesetId_idx |            1 | FileSetId   |
A         |          16 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> Job   |          1 | Job_ClientId_idx  |            1 | ClientId    |
A         |          14 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
+-------+------------+-------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
 4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show indexes from File;
+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
 | Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name | Collation
> Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment |
+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+
 | File  |          0 | PRIMARY  |            1 | FileId      | A
 |     2751205 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> File  |          1 | JobId    |            1 | JobId       | A
 |         120 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> File  |          1 | JobId    |            2 | PathId      | A
 |      211631 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
> File  |          1 | JobId    |            3 | FilenameId  | A
 |     2751205 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |
+-------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+

As I understand it, this is what is recommended by the Wiki. I run
dbcheck and it gets this far:

# /opt/csw/sbin/dbcheck -b -c /opt/csw/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf  -C
umd_CATALOG localhost
dbcheck: dbcheck.c:175 Warning skipping the additional parameters for
working directory/dbname/user/password/host.
Checking for Paths without a trailing slash
Found 0 bad Path records.
Checking for Filenames with a trailing slash
Found 0 bad Filename records.
Checking for duplicate Filename entries.
Found 0 duplicate Filename records.
Checking for duplicate Path entries.
Found 0 duplicate Path records.
Checking for orphaned JobMedia entries.
Checking for orphaned File entries. This may take some time!
Checking for orphaned Path entries. This may take some time!

...and then hangs forever. Here's what it's doing, supposedly:

+-----+--------+-----------+--------+---------+------+----------------------+--------- \
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

+-----+--------+-----------+--------+---------+------+----------------------+--------- \
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | 184 | bacula | localhost | bacula | Query   | 61   | Copying to tmp
table | SELECT DISTINCT Path.PathId,File.PathId FROM Path LEFT OUTER
JOIN File ON (Path.PathId=File.PathId) WHERE File.PathId IS NULL LIMIT
300000 |

I'm not sure that it will ever finish. My catalog is getting large-ish
with not a whole lot of change as far as clients/files/data amounts...
so I'd like to see what's going on here, but the dbcheck script doesn't
seem to be working for me. Any assistance anyone could offer would be
appreciated.

- --
 |Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Systems Programmer II
 |$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _| |novosirj@umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)

["novosirj.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]