List:       bacula-users
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-users] Antwort: RE:  Baculafd-win Ignores my conf-file
From:       Arno Lehmann <al () its-lehmann ! de>
Date:       2008-02-27 22:48:12

Hello,

27.02.2008 09:33, Hermann-Josef Beckers wrote:

>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > in Windows config files you have use \\ instead of \. Just try this:
>  > bacula-fd -d100 -c c:\\programme\\bacula\\bin\\bacula-fd.conf
>  >
> Thanks, but no change, even using "/" makes no difference.

Hmm... might be a permissions problem, too... anyway: I start the FD
as a service and it's started like this:
C:\Program Files\Bacula\bin\bacula-fd.exe" /service  -c
"C:\ProgramData\Bacula\bacula-fd.conf"

Regarding permissions, it's important to know how you start the FD...
as a regular, restricted user, or under a privileged account. Usually,
the FD should run as a "local service" or under the domain backup
account (I believe - I'm not a windows person).

If you're testing to start the FD from the command line, running with
"-f -d 100" should print some log messages to the console.

Under unix/linux systems, what you describe is most likely to be a
permissions issue, i.e. the user you run the FD as has no permissions
to read the configuration file.

Arno

> Yours
> hjb