List:       bacula-devel
Subject:    [Bacula-devel] FileStorage BLOCKED
From:       Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter () obvsg ! at>
Date:       2017-10-27 13:53:46

Hi,

i have a problem which seems to be triggered by after job run timeout.

for our desktop machines we have configured:

    Max Run Time = 12 hours

desktop machines are always somewhat unpredictable and i happens the we reach the 12 \
hours timeout.  but sometimes the storage device is not released after the job is \
canceled.

Device File: "FileStorage" (/data/bacula/files) is not open.
   Device is BLOCKED waiting for media.
   Available Space=2.018 TB

lsof shows the storage daemon has spool files open even though the corresponding job \
was canceled.

Our bacula server version is 9.0.4,  but the problem happend also on 7.x releases.

I know this description is somewhat vague, but maybe someone has seen something like \
this?

Maybe i should add the we run Copy jobs into 2 Tape pools after all backups to disk \
are finished (or canceled).  To allow the Copy jobs run in parallel we have defined \
FileStorage2 which points to the same directory (/data/bacula/files) as FileStorage \
device.

Is it thinkable that jobs canceled after MaxRunTime do not release the File storage \
device? Best regards
Ulrich

Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter@obvsg.at>
Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
Raimundgasse 1/3, A-1020 Wien
Fax +43 1 4035158-30
Tel +43 1 4035158-21
Web https://www.obvsg.at