List:       bacula-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-devel] Unmount Command in SD conf not working?
From:       "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news () tee-en ! net>
Date:       2009-05-30 11:18:21

So is the "Unmount Command" directive in SD's Device Resource a command that
is _not_ supposed to be run automatically after the job no more needs this
storage, but only when user issues u(n)mount command in bconsole?

I didn't notice in the documentation when this directive is actually used.
Maybe I was just expecting something that looked good from my point of view,
since I'd like to have automatic unmount of the disk.

I just ran a very quick test:

- disk originally unmounted
- a backup job is run, SD conf includes mount and unmount commands
 -- the job did mount the disk ok before the job
 -- but didn't unmount it after the job
- then I issued umount command in bconsole, resulting in:
  3002 Device "USB-Disk-A" (/mnt/backup-a) unmounted.
- the disk is still mounted (as seen from the OS)
- only the "umount /mnt/backup-a" from OS console unmounted the disk

Is this expected behaviour?

Umount command (of OS in question, not Bacula's command) in run-after-job-
script would be one solution, but there would obviously be a problem how to
pass the mount point to that command, since it depends from the chosen
storage. Mount point (as %m) is available only in the SD's configuration, I
think? And this run-after-job- approach would cause problems if there were
more that one job running with that storage...

Regards,
Timo