List:       bacula-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bacula-devel] New status dir output
From:       Kern Sibbald <kern () sibbald ! com>
Date:       2008-02-17 8:04:48

On Sunday 17 February 2008 00.00:18 Dirk H Bartley wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 18:21 +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Hello Dirk,
> >
> > Hey!!! I just clicked on the Status Dir button for the first time in a
> > while, so I got to see the really nice output that your recent code
> > addition does. Nice work!  Thanks.
> >
> > Do you think we can do the same for the other daemons?  I.e a "Status
> > client" and a "Status Storage" by right clicking on the Client/Storage
> > and selecting Status?
>
> Sure

OK, great :-)

> > If you want to do this, please let me know, and I will make the same
> > changes to the FD and SD that I made to the Dir so that you can easily
> > parse it.
>
> Will there be ways for me to be signalled from the director that the
> client or storage cannot be contacted??

Yes, the easiest way to do that is to send back an error popup as is done in
most other error situations.

> There still is more work to do.  The icon is the joblog Icon and I need
> to make a new one.  I want to have the period between refreshes
> configurable, the user be able to run commands like canceling a running
> job and any others that seem obviously helpful.

No problem, it is normal to have a few unfinished items -- I seem to have a
lot of them these days.

Well, if you are turning it into a "monitor" with a refresh rate and all that,
then I better get busy and finish off the bcomm interface so that we can do
the monitoring in a separte connection :-)

> I caught the flu and was absolutely out of commission for a few days.

Oh, nasty. Be careful.  Some people over here such as myself have been getting
knocked out for 6 weeks with some sort of virus/flu crude.  I recommend to
take the time needed to be sure you are recovered.

Kern

PS: I am giving a talk at the UKUUG next week, so I will be gone until Wed,
but when I get back, I will work on having the Dir pass back similar status
data for the SD and FD.  I'll also look into the way it will handle errors.
If you don't hear from me by Thursday, please remind me ...