List:       backhand-users
Subject:    [mod_backhand-users] mod_python with mod_backhand ???
From:       Marcus Priesch mpriesch () ican ! at
Date:       2000-09-29 14:38:46

"Theo E. Schlossnagle" wrote:

> Marcus,
>
> Are you sure it is "servers" that is a null pointer and not serverstats?  If
> it is "servers", there will be a whole world of problems.  I cannot see how
> "servers" could feasibly be NULL.  The calling function (of byHostname)
> declares:

Hi Theo,

ok, that was my mistake, of course its serverstats that is NULL, mea culpa :)

well, the serverstats page has all the values and 'builtins' _is_ a way, i've
tried it and it definitely works, but for me its no difference if i have to
modify the backhand code or recompile the whole apache each time a new version
of backhand arrives ...

well, it works if you compile mod_backhand and mod_python in.

if you want to reproduce this on your machine, i can give you some hints !
another possibility that i can offer is to give you some debugging outputs if you
give me some hints on whats interesting ... i've never done anything with gdb :)

anyway the other question is much more interesting (deny access to local scripts
if they could not get backhanded ....)

thanks for your suppotr,
marcus.