List:       backhand-users
Subject:    [mod_backhand-users] Backhand troubles.
From:       Theo E. Schlossnagle theos () cnds ! jhu ! edu
Date:       2000-09-22 15:54:48

The debugger is hanging becuase the program is running.  But, more
importantly, it is tracing the parent process and not the child.  I don't
understand that.  gdb needs to be attached to the mod_backhand process in
order to debug it.  Also, if you hit conrtol-c, that will send a sigint to the
attached process (as you can see in your session).  If you were attached to
the mod_backhand process and it segfaulted it would say "Program received
signal SIGSEGV".  That is the stack trace we are looking for.

The gdb man page says that "set follow-fork-mode child" will tell gdb to
follow children after forking instead of staying with the parent.  "set
follow-fork-mode parent" is the default.

I am stumped.  Without hacking it on it myself, I don't know what could be
wrong.

Anyone else have any ideas?

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E  2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F