List:       backhand-users
Subject:    Re: [m_b_users] Re: [mod_backhand-users] Problems compiling 1.2.1 on FreeBSD 4.4-stable
From:       Sean Chittenden <sean () chittenden ! org>
Date:       2001-12-21 18:07:14

> > > Apache 1.3.22
> > > mod_backhand 1.2.1
> > > FreeBSD 4.4-stable (updated as of today)
> >
> > Have you thought about using the port?  I've never had a problem using
> > it with FreeBSD.  ;~)
> >
> > cd /usr/ports/www/mod_backhand
> > make install clean

pkg_add -f ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/packages/All/mod_backhand-1.2.1.tgz

You don't need the ports tree to install the package.  The package on
freebsd.org is 1.2.0 but should be 1.2.1 shortly.

> I'll try to retest without using IP Aliasing and putting another nic and
> binding the second address to that NIC. I'll also retest with Linux though
> I remember it working without any intervention

Very very very strange....  I've deployed mod_backhand on countless
FreeBSD servers and have never seen this problem.  I don't think this
is an IP alias issue.  You should be able to do just this and have it
work:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/bin/apxs
gmake
apxs -i -A -n backhand.so mod_backhand.so

If that doesn't, I'd be quite surprised.  Does it compile correctly
with the above proceedure?  If not, can you send the last few lines of
your compile?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden