List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Soundblaster?
From:       Michal Jaegermann <michal () ellpspace ! math ! ualberta ! ca>
Date:       1998-12-30 17:09:14

Heinz Ulrich Stille wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Geordy wrote:
> >Which currently available version of the Soundblaster would be best to
> >try to make work in a UX configuration?  Anything special about
> >configuring it?

> OTOH I got my SB64AWE (the SB part of it) to work within a few minutes, using
> the OSS/Free driver in the kernel (as a module) and isapnp.
There is also ALSA project (http://alsa.jcu.cz) which has plug&pray
tools and sound drivers well advanced beyond what is available now
in isapnptools and in an "official" sound support.  I did not try that yet
on any platform as I had no opportunity.  Any volunteers with Alpha
and a sound card?

  Michal