List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Postgres SQL
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-01-02 0:32:10

Hi!

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997, Adam Fenn wrote:

> Has anyone got Postgres SQL working on the alpha linux?  I am running
> stock RedHat 5.0 and I get the following errors.  Any help is
> appreciated.
[snip]

I'm sorry, I cannot provide any information on your particular compile
problem, but I'm rather familiar with PostgreSQL on Linux/intel and on
RS/6000.

Generally, I'm afraid you'll run into much bigger problems with PostgreSQL
on Linux/Alpha. From what I've seen from the PostgreSQL developer mailing
lists, die PostgreSQL Hackers seem to be rather sure that PostgreSQL is
not 64bit clean right now. (There is no 64bit port of PostgreSQL currently
existing).

But I would really _love_ to be proven wrong by someone telling me that he
as a working PostgreSQL server running on Linux/Alpha... ;-)

     hope this helps a bit...

     Christian