List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Sorry if I mised your response... But SMBFS isn't working
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-12-12 16:00:30

Hi!

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Keith Baker wrote:

> I am trying to compile smbfs on my alpha.  I got the sources off of my
> RH4.0 Cd's.  I installed smb support into my kernel...  this seams to be
> fine.  I got the source to compile, but it gets an error on smbmount.c in
> the function "parse_args"...  it says there is "implicit declaration of
> function "htons"...  It finished compiling anyhow so I tried running it
> with /bin/smbmount /server/share /mnt/test it seamed to work but then I
> looked at the directory and it had a ? for the directory permisions.  I
> tried to cd to the dir and it gave me "not a dir"...  what else might I
> have to do/is anyone running it sucsesfully/ whyisn't it an rpm?

I've also run into the same problem when trying to enable SMBFS on a RH
4.0 system. -- It only worked for me after upgrading the kernel to a more
recent one (unfortunately, I cannot remember which version it was. -- But
I'd assume that it'll work with any kernel that is new enough, i.e.
version >= 2.0.25).

     hope this helps...

     Christian