List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    confused, howtoboot PC 164LX from flash, SRM??
From:       Dragisa Duric <dragisha () frodo ! ho ! com>
Date:       1997-11-29 15:43:51

  hi,

  Reading through HOWTOs and this mailing list, I glimpsed few things
about SRM console, booting MILO from Flash... HOWTOs are
impressive, but I miss answers to few questions important to me.

  Now, questions, if any1 enlightened soul cares to answer :)

  1. Where I can find SRM console *ware for AlphaPC 164LX board? My dealer
says it is diskette only deliverable??

  2. How is it loaded, with that WNT ARC thing preserved?

  3. What I have to say with bootopt to have MILO boot instead of WNT ARC?
     (or is it AlphaBIOS, i see references around to both, and as
     different things?!)
     It is firmware #7 in fmu list, and I have no success with
     setting bootopt to 135 nor to 7. Also, it is second in firmware list,
     but not 130 nor 2 works??

  4. Can I boot with only MILO in Flash? I have good record of
     nothing-except-ext2 on my machines for few years now, and would like
     to continue it if possible :)

  TIA, dd