List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Ram - EDO SDRAM ????
From:       "Maurice W. Hilarius" <harddata () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1997-11-27 18:35:38

With regards to your message at 03:46 PM 11-27-97 -0600, Rick Windham.
Where you stated:

>On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Maurice W. Hilarius wrote:
>
>> None of the above. You need 2 32MB SIMMs, not DIMMS or SDRAM, ECC (8Mx36),
>> 60ns, tin leads.
>
>I've noticed ads for x36 ECC EDO SIMMs.  What's the difference between and
>regular x36 ECC SIMM and an EDO SIMM?  And will the Alpha's handle the EDO
>ECC SIMMs?
>
>Thanks, Rick.

Alphas don't do EDO.

Cheers,

| Maurice Hilarius           | The Past is History       |
|                            |  The Future is Mystery    |
|                            |   Today is a Gift         |
| Phone/FAX (403) 456-1510   | That is why they call it  |
| email:harddata@bigfoot.com |   The Present             |