List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Alpha XL 300 will crash with 96MB
From:       Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij () caiw ! nl>
Date:       1997-11-26 14:35:08

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, wim bakker wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded my Alpha XL 300 fron the default 32 MB to 96 but it froze
> > as soon as came to xdm.
> >
> > Now it won't even fix the disk error's. Does Linux work well with more
> > then 64MB on this system? There is some urgency to this problem as I need
> > the system to be working on thursday afternoon/evening.
>
> I have 160Mb in my XL366(basically the same machine) now and it doesn't freeze ,
> but i don't use xdm,
> maybe you need a firmware upgrade?

I just checked my SIMMS while trying to go from 96MB to 64MB and saw the
problem. 2 of the 4 are 70ns while the other 2 are 60ns as were the
original SIMMS. So I think I need to get these SIMMS set straight!

> gr. w.bakker

	| Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl   |
	| 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |