List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: axp-diffs-2.0+2 breaks kernel ?!
From:       "David Mosberger-Tang" <davidm () AZStarNet ! com>
Date:       1996-06-27 23:42:26

  Harald> I've applied "axp-diffs-2.0+2" and now the kernel won't boot
  Harald> anymore.  immedieately after MILO loaded the kernel image
  Harald> for the first time, MILO is reentered without any output
  Harald> before that.  trying to load the image again will result in
  Harald> a complete lockup immedieately after the line of dashes when
  Harald> the controll is transfered to the kernel.

  Harald> any idea what's wrong ?

Difficult to say without more info.  What system do you have again?
It works for me on an Alcor, Cabriolet, and Noname but of course there
is always the possibility of something breaking.  Maybe you use
drivers that I don't?  If so, watch out for "incompatible pointer"
warnings.  Those might be an indication of trouble.

	--david