List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: #9 9FX Motion 771 problems?
From:       "Robert S. Stephenson" <rstephe () gopher ! chem ! wayne ! edu>
Date:       1996-06-27 14:21:36

Jon Brinkmann wrote:
> I just got off the phone from Number 9.  Their sales rep says that
> the 771 is NOT compatible with the Alpha.  No explanation why.

I have been using the #9 FX Motion 771 for some time with the BLADE 0.3
distribution and XFree86 3.1.2, and haven't had any problems so far.
You DO need that or later version of XFree, however.  I used the
XF86Config settings recommended by XFree86 (cf.
www.XFree86.Org/3.1.2/S3-1.html).  I'm running an Aspen Alpine 21064
(i.e. noname).