List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: WIERD jensen keyboard woes...
From:       "Dominique Avatravaux" <dom () cwi ! nl>
Date:       1996-04-25 9:16:30

  Hello avib,

> After starting fine for a few times, the Jensen now refuses to 'see' the
> keyboard on start-up. System checks indicate that the controller is fine.
> Yet after completing the selftest it states: "all I/O redeirected to
> Serial line 1, keyboard not detected.". I then need to hang a terminal on
> the Serial line to acces the machine and it's ARC menu.

  I've the same problem with my Noname, and I was wondering wether my cheap-o
keyboard wasn't too slow to initialize for the ARC firmware to detect it :
apparently things are not as simple. However, a warm reset of the machine
corrects the problem for me.

--
							Dominique Quatravaux
						Dominique.Quatravaux@ens.fr