List:       axp-redhat
Subject:    Re: Graphic Card Support
From:       "Erik Troan" <ewt () redhat ! com>
Date:       1995-12-30 21:14:11

On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, Embedded and RealTime Field Application Engineer (540-937-5939) \
29-Dec-1995 0951 wrote:

> I am curious to know what people are using for graphics cards in the Alpha Linux
> environment.  I have been using a #9 GXE 1MB ISA card and am considering the
> purchase of something with a bit more performance.

I'd suggest a basic S3 card until MetroLink or X inside release a
X server for Alpha Linux. The S3 is the only thing that's well supported
(though Mach32 may be coing soon), and the really high performance S3
cards such as the Matrox Millenium and #9 Imaging aren't supported due
to NDA's :-(

I don't think you'll do much better then a 4MB #9 S3 card personally.

Erik