List:       axis-user
Subject:    Understanding/setting up axis2 service classpath
From:       Flavio Palumbo <flavio.palumbo60 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-30 7:19:15

[

I developed a web service with axis2, packed it in a .aar file with this
structure :

*java/service.class
lib/mylib.jar
META-INF/service.xml
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF*

Then I put the .aar file under a local Tomcat in
webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services dir, test and everything works fine. Note
that MANIFEST.MF doesn't contain any classpath.

After I take the .aar file and put under a production Tomcat, same path. I
test and then receive an exception because a class contained in the
mylib.jar is not found. I struggled a bit and then try to put mylib.jar in
the lib folder where are all axis2 jar files. Everything works fine.

Now the question is, how can this happen ? Is there any configuration file
under axis2 where I can set this behavior ? As far as I know both Tomcat
have the same axis2 version and structure.