List:       axis-user
Subject:    RE: Maximum Interoperability with "Map" objects
From:       "Anne Thomas Manes" <anne () manes ! net>
Date:       2004-10-31 22:53:49

Mark,

Designing a WSDL contract refers to the process of designing your SOAP
interface based on the XML messages you intend to exchange (defined using
XML Schema) rather than based on the Java interface of your service agent.

The XML Schema type system doesn't support Hashtables, Maps, Lists, etc,
therefore your service should not expect to exchange these types.

You should define your XML message interface using simple types, structures
of simple types, and arrays of simple types and structures of simple types.
Structures may contain nested structures. In Java, these structures will map
to JavaBeans. They will map to comparable components in other languages.

Anne