List:       axis-dev
Subject:    RE: Apache/Microsoft interop - call for volunteers
From:       "Jason Xue" <jason.xue () enx ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 16:55:00

I would like to join.

- Jason X.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 7:34 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org; soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Apache/Microsoft interop - call for volunteers

Just to let people know, Microsoft is in discussions with a number of
vendors concerning how we can best ensure that future releases of their
products become more compatible with future releases of their products.
What they are offering to do is to invite people to their development lab
and provide them access to their developers.  The expectation is that both
sides would be able to make real time changes to their products in an
effort to make the resulting products more compatible.

The dates being discussed are in the range of March 12-15.  I'm not sure
how many days would be required, but certainly one day does not sound
sufficient.

What we are looking for is a maximum of 5 people to volunteer.  What we are
looking for is people who can bring the code, and make changes during the
course of the lab to actualy get interop working before they leave.  Again,
the focus is on future versions of Microsoft products working with future
versions of Apache.

Suggestions?  Preferred dates?  Volunteers?

- Sam Ruby