List:       axis-dev
Subject:    [Axis2] HelloWorld web services
From:       "Shafigh, Saman" <sshafigh () csu ! edu ! au>
Date:       2012-12-28 23:24:27

Hi

I have a problem with my HelloWorld web services.
I am digging into web service, but stuck at passing parameter to web service, below \
is what i got:

from browser:
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloService/sayHello?name="obama"

the return value(source view):
<ns:sayHelloResponse xmlns:ns="http://ws.apache.org/axis2">
<ns:return>Hello null</ns:return>
</ns:sayHelloResponse>

I did every thing like the book but it is not working form me, It can not read the \
input parameter this is my code which is same as the book

File listings:

Hello.java
public class HelloWorld {
  public String sayHello(String name) {
    return "Hello " + name;
  }
}

services.xml
<service name="HelloService">
  <description>
    This is my first service, which says hello
  </description>
  <parameter name="ServiceClass">HelloWorld</parameter>
  <operation name="sayHello">
    <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
  </operation>
</service>

Best Regards

Saman Shafigh

Honours Student,
School of Computing and Mathematics,
Charles Sturt University,
Wagga Wagga, Australia.
Charles Sturt University

> ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ONTARIO | \
> ORANGE | PORT MACQUARIE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the \
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not \
copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any \
confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be \
checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does \
not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this \
email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email \
filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before \
it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of \
CSU.

Charles Sturt University in Australia  http://www.csu.edu.au  The Grange Chancellery, \
Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795  (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider \
Numbers: 00005F (NSW), 01947G (VIC), 02960B (ACT)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018

Charles Sturt University in Ontario  http://www.charlessturt.ca 860 Harrington Court, \
Burlington Ontario Canada L7N 3N4  Registration: www.peqab.ca

Consider the environment before printing this email.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
http://www.codetwo.com