List:       axis-c-user
Subject:    AW: AW: echo.exe client has "infer transport" error
From:       "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelmann () axa-winterthur ! ch>
Date:       2007-11-21 8:01:55

Thanks Dinesh
Please find my comment below ++>

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dinesh Premalal [mailto:premalal@gmail.com]Im Auftrag von Dinesh
Premalal
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. November 2007 05:26
An: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: echo.exe client has "infer transport" error

Hi Josef,
   Please find my comments inline.

"Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch> writes:

> Now my simple http server is up and running on OpenVMS, in fact it is waiting \
> within it's first accept()  for the client to initiate a conversation.
>
> Now, the echo_blocking client fails with the following
> echo_blocking.log

Can you see the deployed services through the browser ?
++> yes, I can see all deployed services through the browser,
++> however non of the underlined links seams to work are real delivered to the \
browser to be able to click on it.

> [Tue Nov 20 15:36:31 2007] [debug] \
> DSA5:[webservices.axis2.trunk.c.src.core.clientapi]op_client.c;3(813) \
>                 Start:axis2_op_client_infer_transport
> [Tue Nov 20 15:36:31 2007] [error] \
> DSA5:[webservices.axis2.trunk.c.src.core.clientapi]op_client.c;3(863) [axis2c] \
>                 Cannot infer transport
> [Tue Nov 20 15:36:31 2007] [debug]
> DSA5:[webservices.axis2.trunk.c.src.core.clientapi]op_client.c;3(868)
> End:axis2_op_client_infer_transport

This error usually happens when op_client unable to locate the
transport in/out descriptors (as you mentioned in the later in this
mail). According to my knowledge That happens due to several reasons.
++> When and where in code are this descriptors setup when the client starts?
++> I am glad to set a debugging breakpoint in the OpenVMS debugger by using
++> DBG> set module "xyz_modul"
++> DBG> set break  xyz_modul\abc_function
++> DBG> go

and see how this routin behaves when it is used to setup the transport descriptors
++> I am nearly shure there is a problem with the transport descriptor setup in \
OpenVMS,  ++> so that the infer of transport which after all referes to transport \
descriptor does not succeed

++> I create now on VS 2005 Express the echo_blocking client and then I will use the \
debugger to find  ++> where in code this transport descriptors are setup and what \
information they use to get setup corectly ++> then I will do the same for OpenVMS

1. axis2.xml has wrong transport sender/receiver information
++> so what is the correct sender/receiver information?

2. Axis2/C engine unable to locate libaxis2_http_sender.so or
libaxis2_http_receiver.so.
++> as we are in OpenVMS there is no such thing as a libaxis2_http_sender.so :-) BUT \
... ++> I have axis2_http_sender.olb (object library for static linkage) and I have \
axis2_http_sender.exe as a  ++> sharable image which is like a dll on OpenVMS so if \
Axis2/C engine would be unabkle to locate it why is  ++> it then not logged. But all \
DLL paths are pointing to .lib or .bin or.services. or .modules. regarding this  ++> \
I cant see any anomality in the log

3.When there is unloadable (corrupted) library.
++> OpenVMS in contrast to UNix / Linux / Windows can not unload a sharaeable image \
once this has been loaded. ++> I made my axis2_http_server and all layers below just \
linking with .olb files (static libs). SO code is  ++> in memory once the server \
starts. So can you tell me where the client attemps to load a DLL? which DLL's are  \
++> loade dynamically when regarding transport issues? I can set a break point at the \
axutil_class_loader() ++> and see what is requested for a load. Then verify that each \
path points to a wanted DLL / sharable image.

BTW, what axis2/c version are you using? as per log messages it should
be prior to the Axis2/C 1.1.0.
++> I am using Axis2/C 1.0.0 according NEWS and CHANGELOG
++> I am a one men show and had to create all the make files as MMK description files \
by hand. THis in absence  ++> of the large bunch of unix tools on OpenVMS and \
windows. It takes me a while and keeps me very busy.  ++> Axis2/C has not setup all \
the projects to be used straigth with VS 2005 Express.  ++> But in order to \
understand Axis2/C code better I have now setup all project files for Windows VS 2005 \
Express ++> When everything is running under VS 2005 Express, compiles & links \
correctly, then I move my sources to the  ++> OpenVMS system and read the make files \
to setup mmk description files for my OpenVMS make. ++> I use this combination for \
fast traking where a var is declared and defined, to find it more easy in OpenVMS \
code. ++> Further to that, It toke me a while to port underlying lib's such as ZLIB, \
LIBXML2 and write a LIBUUID to be used  ++> with LIBXML2 and AXUTIL. But the moste \
time I wasted so far was with the LF terminated record and the large bunch ++> of xml \
files just used for testing LIBXML2. But that is over now, and my LIBXML2 lib passt \
nearly all the test,  ++> passed thousands of tests on OpenVMS. And hence, axutil \
tests, axiom test such as OM and SOAP run fine amd the ++> server tests are ported \
too and run fine.

++> I conmit, once my project is over I will upgrade to the most recent version.
++> I was thinking I could use maven-1-0-2 on open VMS to build axis2/C. But in \
absence of maven build files this is  ++> a no go too. I have build AXIS2 Java using \
maven-1.0.2 on OpenVMS. If Axis2/C would provide the maven-1.0.2 buuild ++> files to \
build Axis2/C for windows and or linux and or OpenVMS that would be fine too. In \
absence of OpenVMS support ++> I would still have to adapt them partly to overcome \
platform differences. ANT is woring on OpenVMS but can be used used ++> only for Java \
compiles unless I would have to write a Java class to invoke the HP DECC compiler on \
OpenVMS. Done by  ++> Netbeans and its distributed counterpart on OpenVMS.
++> I think at 1.0.0 times, there was just an attempt to use maven to build Axis2/C, \
just an attempt, -- and I do by far  ++> not know how well maven-1.0.2 or maven-2.0 \
will handle the build on OpenVMS for Axis2/C out of the box. $ ++> I have used \
maven-1.0.2 and build a complete JAVA release of AXIS2 once for OpenVMS. But found \
that I can just drop the ++> axis2 war file to the Tomcat running on OpenVMS.
++> Why Axis2/C on OpenVMS? Because I have to integrate a lot legacy code on OpenVMS \
and debugging uisng i.e. WSIT tool kit ++> from HP through JAVA and it's JVM then \
diving into C and PASCAL on OpenVMS is anway not supported nicely, but is a large  \
++> nigthmar.

> *********************
> Tell me ! if the client code finds all the services and the addr
> module and the logging module why should axis2c_home be the problem
> with this client run?

> *********************
AFAIK, AXIS2C_HOME is not important , but repo_path is
essential. (AXIS2C_HOME use to make the repo_path). Repo path is use
to find axis2.xml. Details in axis2.xml use to build axis2
configuration.
++> If the axis2_http_server starts and waits to  accept() a connection, it has gone \
throug all the axis2.xml's initialization ++> Why is the client so much different? I \
goes and makes use of the same core engine and axuti and axiom routines.  ++> OR IS \
THER A DIFFERENT axis2.xml file to be used for the client? ++> thanks
++> Josef Stadelmann
++> @axa-winterthur.ch

HTH

thanks,